Purchasing Assistant & Estimator
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Assistant & Estimator to join our team in Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
KB Packaging is a leading packaging company in the East Midlands that specialises in innovative, high quality packaging products and systems.
As the business continues to grow we’re looking for a new team member to help support our purchasing department. We’re looking for a motivated individual to join our busy office.
The purpose of this role is to:-
- Support the Purchasing Director and the Purchasing Manager
- Cost up all the sales enquiries
- Communicate and build a good working relationship with our suppliers
- Support the sales team
- Take part in ongoing training programs
The main duties include:-
- Planning and prioritising tasks every day
- Attending the weekly/monthly Sales Meetings
- Checking stock levels of both stocked and bespoke items
- Sourcing up to date cost prices
- Sourcing prices for bespoke enquiries
- Communicating the pricing to the sales team
- Communicating queries on sales orders with the sales team
- Checking with suppliers that Purchase Orders are received
- Checking supplier order acknowledgments and relaying any queries
- Checking delivery dates and progression of orders
- Ordering samples as requested
- Inputting a minimum level on all active special items
- Preparing tender documents
- Helping to build and maintain a good relationship with suppliers
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have 1-2 years' experience in a purchasing department
- Have good negotiating skills
- Be able to manage fluctuating work volumes
If you have a positive attitude to your work, good attention to detail and are able to build great working relationships then, we would love to hear from you.
In the first instance please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please